Netscape Navigation Information
This page will contain information that is relevant when you use my adaptation of the Netscape window to read Acrobat documents
I also assume that the Adobe Acrobat PDF plug-in is installed in your browser. If not, you must download the Adobe Acrobat:PDF plug-in, Follow this link..
(Go to: http://www.adobe.com/prodindex/acrobat/readstep.html). Put the plug-in into the Plug-In Folder in your Netscape Folder.
You may have to do the following:(see this web page)
Using the PDFViewer Plug-In
When you install an Acrobat viewer on a computer that has Navigator 2.x or 3.x installed, the Acrobat installer automatically copies the PDFViewer plug-in file into the Netscape Navigator:Plug-ins folder.
When you're using Navigator 4.x, which is included with Netscape Communicator, the Acrobat installer places the PDFViewer plug-in file into the Acrobat:Web Browser Plug-in folder. You'll need to move the PDFViewer plug-in file from the Acrobat:Web Browser Plug-in folder into the Netscape Navigator:Plug-ins or Netscape Communicator:Plug-ins folder.
If you select a PDF file in the browser while the plug-in is installed, the file will download to Navigator's Temp folder, and then Navigator will use your Acrobat viewer to display the file within the browser window. If a PDF file you select does not display within the browser window, do one or more of the following:
-- Use Navigator 3.0 or later. --
Make sure the PDFViewer plug-in is in the Netscape Navigator:Plug-ins or Netscape Communicator:Plug-ins folder. If it is not, copy it into that folder from the Acrobat:Web Browser Plug-in folder. --
Deselect Acrobat as a helper application in Navigator 3.x or later:
1. Open Navigator and choose Options > General Preferences (Navigator 3.x) or Edit > Preferences (Navigator 4.x).
2. In the Preferences dialog box, click the Helpers tab (Navigator 3.x) or Applications in the left pane (Navigator 4.x).
3. Select "application/pdf," "Portable Document Format," or "Reader" from the Description list or the Handled By list.
4. Click Delete.
5. Repeat steps 3 - 4 for each reference to Acrobat or PDF files.
6. Click OK to close the Preferences dialog box and then restart Navigator.